Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer Essentials ~ Summer in the Sun

 
 
 
 
 

Hey beauties! So summer is finally here! Well it was here quite a while ago but oh well. As it is summer, I like to change things up a bit to be more summer appropriate, so here are my summer essentials!

Products in the photo
Pink sunglasses - River Island
Mint sunglasses - Primark
Marc Jacobs Daisy Summer Edition
Orange bag - H&M
Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Punch
Bourjois Colourboost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach 
Benefit Sun Beam
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Grapefruit
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Greenberry
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Blueberry

Nails
I think in summer I like to go for quite bright and fun colours. I absolutely love the Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly range as they last very well, have a an amazing colour range and are a bargain! I have the shade Greenberry (the bright turquoise colour) and my sister kindly let me borrow her three shades which are Papaya (the orange), Grapefruit (the pink) and Blueberry (the blue.)

Fragrance 
My favourite summer fragrance is definitely the Marc Jacobs Daisy Summer Edition, unfortunately this was last years' limited edition so you can't buy it anymore. But I remember they did have a summer edition for this year but I think they were sold around spring :( I know that this perfume kind of looks a but odd as it's got a yello colour, but that doesn't mean it smells weird. It smells so fun and fruity and delicious (I know, I'm terrible at describing scents haha.)

Make-up
I love bright lips in summer and the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch is such a lovely bright pink shade I couldn't say no. Plus, the smell is incredible and smells like fruit punch. The Bourjois Lip Crayon in Peach on the Peach is literally the perfect summer shade. It's bright, pink, peachy, colourful and looks amazing on the lips. Summer is also about bronzed skin and the Benefit Sun Beam would be perfect to help give you cheeks that summer glow.

Sunglasses
Unfortunately I bought these last summer so you probably won't be able to get your hands on them anymore, but you might still be able to find ones similar. The pink ones were from River Island and the mint ones are from Primark. I think bright sunglasses look really cute in summer. But I also love oversized round ones (still on the look out for them.)

Bags
The camera really doesn't do this bag any justice, it's supposed to be a bright orangey coral colour but the camera makes it look very different. Anyway, this bright mini satchel is from H&M and I think it is super cute and would look nice with a plain monochrome outfit to add a pop of colour. 

Thank you for reading this blog post I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what your summer essentials are! Have a nice day, bye!

14 comments:

  1. i love both your sunglasses, especially the mint ones... i cant believe theyre only from primark! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/be-delicious-with-dkny.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your orange bag. It looks a lot more expensive than H&M!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah I was shocked when I saw it in the shop! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love your bag! It's so pretty!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both pairs of sunnies, my favourite would have to be the peachy one! The color is gorgeous x

    Kay ♡ imladiiekay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and same they are my favourite too! Xx

      Delete
  5. Love the colourful sunglasses! :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the barry m shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shades of nail varnish you picked! Im also in love with the orange bag! So cute and summery!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete